The scaffolding has come down to reveal our 拢13.5 million, DfE-funded renovation project at Chelsea London鈥檚 North Kensington Centre for Skills on Wornington Road, W10.
We鈥檙e focused on making Chelsea London the best place to learn. That鈥檚 why we embarked on an ambitious upgrade programme to make the North Kensington Centre one of London鈥檚 top places for higher and further education.
The centre now includes exciting, innovative learning and skills initiatives such as:聽
- A skills and pathways Advice Centre to provide advice to the whole community
- A new Performance Hall to develop performing arts opportunities
- A refurbished cr猫che (free to students) and vital in supporting inclusive study for all聽
- An innovative Market Trader taster course offering something different and highly vocational that is unique to the area in partnership with RBKC聽
- A new accessible entrance聽and reception area
- Multi-use community and performance hall and additional teaching spaces
- State-of-the-art classrooms and studios to support creative courses in glassmaking, jewellery, design and ceramics
- Bright, glass-fronted caf茅 for staff, students and the community
- Music studios and radio production suite
- Re-instatement of Morley Heart Gardens and landscaping
- Additional secure bicycle storage聽聽
Why should I study at North Kensington?
This is your local college, we have always been here and we are excited to deliver a new future; a refreshed, renewed building that matches our ambition as London鈥檚 largest adult education college.
We offer a warm, inclusive welcome and currently benefit from smaller class sizes, tailored individual learning and support options and pride in the education we continue to offer as we build better for the future.聽聽
We offer a wide range of courses for 16-18s and adults, including:聽
- short courses
- creative courses (jewellery, ceramics and glassmaking)
- essential skills and ESOL
- access to higher education
- digital skills
- urban music
- career boost and free courses
- counselling and psychology
- health and social care
- early years
- applied sciences (Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedic)
We are always open and happy to answer your questions so do come and see us at one of our Open Days.